Sunday, August 03, 2008

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Well July has gone. We are now on the downhill side of summer and winter will be here in about 3 months! We only have one more week of EFY to cook for. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I would like to take some vacation time, but I ran out of vacation and sick time sometime last fall or winter. I get about 3-4 hours of both every 2 weeks. I have had a lot of business to do lately and some illness also.
Each time I have to take a long lunch break or see the Doctor,or take DH to same,or run out of work before the time does I have to take some Vacation time or sick time. I seem to always use it lately. This is something that plagues me every week and often daily. I always seem to get to work later than I plan to. So I go to work upset at my self for not getting to work when I plan on it. I really prefer to work a later shift because the morning is so crowded with students and full time people that it isn't long before I am screaming in my mind for relief. I do not do well in crowded places. Noise bothers me also. And the heat, in a kitchen full of steam, ovens, steamers etc that the air conditioning, if it exists, is useless, When it is 100 degrees outside. don.t even try to guess the temp in the kitchen. Look at Marbles blog to get an update on the house hunting, or maybe it is in one of the other blogs. I have had one of my light bulbs flashing at me. It is one of those curly Q florescent bulbs that is supposed to last up tp ten years and save multi millions of dollars over the lifetime of the things. The only thing "green" about those light bulbs is that that is what color they make my skin! It is not a flattering color for skin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to find the house you mentioned in hillbilly's blog, but it said it was no longer available. I hope that's because you offered and they accepted and all is in place for you to get the move over with and get on with your life. I agree with you about the compact florescent bulbs, they are a menace to society, just don't ever break one, you have to call in a hazmat team to clean it up. I wonder why the mercury poisoning from these "green" bulbs doesn't concern the people who are screaming about mercury in the fish? I guess politically correct mercury is less lethal, or if you die from it it's sort of like throwing yourself on a hand grenade in the war to "preserve the planet" Why hasn't anyone considered repenting and turning to righteousness in order to save the planet?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find it either. Could you give me the address of the place by email? We have energy bulbs too in our ouse. I wonder if that causes some of my allergies? Good luck with the house and move!