Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

Hi! It is Easter season again. I have been thinking about our Savior and what His atonement means to me. It is hard to comprehend, and I often find that I simply do not understand it at all. It takes a lot of faith just to get up in the morning (oops I mean in the middle of the night) and make myself go to work. I wonder if it worth the bother. My life consists of work, drag myself home, feed the dog and myself, get to bed in the daylight so I can do it all over again the next day. I hope there is some reward in the end. I wish that I could not be so hard on myself and not take things so seriously. I expect to do everything right so that no one can ever criticize me. I take every failure to rise to expectations of others as a complete disaster. I don't even know what I am expected to do, but I feel like my attempts to do every thing right is just not good enough. This is a struggle every day of my life. The fact the I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true is sometimes the only thing I can hang on to. So hallelujah He is Risen!

2 comments:

Alf's boy said...

It's worth the bother!

Anonymous said...

I sometimes feel the way you do, but when i do i force myself to think of God and His amazing love for me. when i open my eyes the grass is greener, the sunshine's warmer and a soft wind whispers God's faithfulness to me.