Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sigh!

Surprise! I am writing on this blog. I have done a lot of thinking and reflecting on things lately. I often wonder if all there is in life is to go to work, come home, collapse from exhaustion. Go to sleep. Start all over again. It seems that that is about all my has been so far. Today someone did me a kindness and I just about cried. my manager helped me by getting me a chair and helping me be seated at a Christmas Pot Luck that we had at work today. I thought "What a gentleman" Then I realized how often I have been given such a kindness at work especially, but also generally. I wondered why I have had such a hard time with bosses in my working life! In my private life and social life. It made me sad to realize how I had been treated. I wondered if it was my fault or someone elses. I thought I deserve respect. I am so thankful to big bro and his son who shoveled my driveway last Saturday. And son also went to the mail box down the street and got my mail for me. I appreciate such kindnesses!

3 comments:

wyo sis said...

Unfortunately deserving respect and getting it are not the same thing. I think there's a tendency for people to give respect to people who demand it. I've never been able to do that. In fact I often get a little snippy because I feel I'm not being treated with respect when I should be. I wish I had an answer, but all I can say is people who go out of their way to be respectful usually get it back. One of the nicest and most kind and respectful people I know is Diane Clark's husband Firoz Husein and he is a multi millionaire, so it has nothing to do with money. I'm glad Alf's boy and children are learning to be helpful and respectful.

hillbilly sister said...

I agree with wyo sis. I have discovered through the years that however I am treated good or bad is not my problem. My responsibility is to always treat others with respect regardless of who they are. They will get their due rewards according to their actions sooner or later. I have to say that my children and their spouses all treat me with respect and I think it is because I treat them with respect. We can't change other people until we first change ourselves. Even then don't expect miracles. It sure feels good when someone pays you a kindness!!

Alf's boy said...

I just wish I could be closer so I could help more.