Sunday, March 11, 2007

WHAT TIME IS IT?

I'm having time issues. Yesterday I was supposed to be at work at 11:00 p.m. For some reason I thought it was at 11:30 I was supposed to be there. I got up at 8:00 and made myself my usual toast and Dr.Pepper and a cocktail of pills. Anti depressant. antibiotic and anti acid. I sat down read the paper setting the timer (I use the oven timer for an alarm clock because it doesn't stop ringing until I get up and go into kitchen and turn it off) for 1 hour in case I drifted off to sleep! I did fall asleep, meanwhile DH got up and went to the bathroom to get himself ready for the long day of resting. I woke up at 11:15 and DH was still in bathroom doing what ever he does that takes 2 hours in the morning. I knew I was in trouble, there was no way I was going to get to work by 11:30. He finally emerged and I got ready. By 11:45 I was dressed except for my blouse. Ring ring.It was work calling to see what happened. I was supposed to be there at 11:00 not 11:30 OOPS! by the time I got there it was noon. Yesterday was the first day of the pay period so I am already 1 hour short. Now they are springing daylight @^$&*(()&^% savings time on us three weeks earlier than usual. Just what I need. I already decided last night that there was no way I was going to church today, seeing as I had to be back to work tomorrow . I am just to exhausted after 6 days of work and only one day off until the next work week. I have Wed. off and then my next day off is a week from Tues. I will have to goo shopping tomorrow after work because c'est moi forgot to check the dog food bin and it is almost empty and won't last until Wed. I read an interesting op ed the other day in the paper re: Daylight savings time. The writer was right up my ally with her opinion. She stated the obvious that no time was saved. all it did was cause inconveniences to those of us who are of the "I don't get up in the morning before the sun does" persuasion. We are just able to get up when the sun is also up and now we have to get up in the dark again, and children have to again go to school in the dark ( of course wearing dark clothes because no one would think of wearing anything but black navy or gray to school) and risk getting hit by cars because it is now dark outside and besides why would a child actually walk in a crosswalk or a car actually stop at one for that matter? So now parents have to drive their kids to school again, before they themselves go to work. All this so that when people get of work they can go play golf or something . It is a royal pain in the neck. She suggested a new nomenclature to use for the times. Since DST is now on 8 months of the year and "standard" time is now on only 4 months of the year maybe it should be standard time between March and October and daylight wasting time between Nov and Feb.That makes just as much sense as daylight saving time doesn't it? So what time is it really?
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also think daylight saving time is a little overrated, but I would like to see it stay savings time year around. There is the little matter of an extra hour of sleep in November though. I do like it when we get the hour back. It was much worse with babies in the house, they don't go by clocks.

SageHen said...

Booo Hissss.

Time is not my friend right now. :(

Anonymous said...

Time is a man made thing.