Friday, March 09, 2007

SURPRISE, it is me

Well, I guess I will try to write a little something. I am a slacker I admit when it comes to journal writing. I do it very inconsistantly, always have. I really enjoy the other peoples blogs however. I am terrible at typing . I barely passed my high school class. I haven't improved on the computer keyboard at all as far as speed goes. plus now I have an infinite amount of ways of screwing up and pushing a wrong key that sends my entry into cyber " lost in space" never to appear again, at least not on my computer. Then I have to laboriously retype what I just wrote. This week has been the week of the Rx refills. Last Sat as I was getting ready to go grocery shopping I noticed on my list in tiny little letters a Prescription that DH needed filled. Mister silent but if I write it in tiny little illegible chicken scratches and remain mum it will magically be filled before it runs out. NOT. First he didn't call the doctor until After 5pm on Friday, I called the pharmacy, and asked if they had received it. Of course they hadn't. So he had to wait until at least Mon to get it. I called the store on Mon and of course they didn't have it in. I called the doctors office also and the Dr hadn't even looked at his messages yet. This ment that DH would have to wait until at least Tues after 9;00 p.m. to get it because I work until 8:00 or 9:00 I called store on Tues Morning. and they had it in. After said phone call and about 5 min. before leaving for DH informed me the he had called in 2 of his Rxs that morning (Mon). They were also out starting Tues. They were at a different store than the other one. I asked he what ones he needed the most because there was no way I was going to two different stores after 9 at night. Tues I picked the 2 that he had ordered Mon morning on Tues evening. On Wed after 9:00 I picked up at the other store the original I called after 5:00 on Fri pills. I got him all filled up with his pills finally. NOT. On Thurs morning as I was leaving for work DH informed me that he only had 2 pain pills
left. Well that did it. He now has no pain pills (Tylenol) left because I didn't go get any. I asked him why he didn't tell me sooner. "I didn't notice until now." Well he can wait until tomorrow after work which is after 7:00.Arrgh! Yesterday we had this huge dinner which took hours of preparation. It was the finale of our week emphasizing "healthy" food choices .It included fancy Asian foods such as sushi, hot and sour soup, cobia, a fish that I had never heard of on potato pancakes and topped with vegetable slaw, Tri tip steak with veggie salsa. and the piece d'resistance RAW tuna. The desserts were whimpy angel food cakes or merangues toped with fruit. (I hate fruit fillings or fruit topped cakes or cookies). Fill them with frosting or custard. If you must have fruit desserts. Make them cobblers or pies. Lots and lots of chopping etc. I really like veggies and stir fries so that was good. I like some Asian soups also. This soup had no "and sour" It was just plain hot & hotter. The steak was good. The sushi ICK. The Raw Tuna NO WAY JOSE. will I ever eat raw fish. I don't particularily like cooked fish. I like canned tuna, fried or boiled shrimp, crab and lobster, Cod nuggets and citrus salmon (which we make on our menu). That is it. After the meal was over and we were cleaned up and ready to leave, the FIRE alarm went off. We had to leave the building immediately. So there we are waiting for the firemen to come check things out , a doz or so tired souls waiting outside their place of work for clearance so they could hurry up and get their work finished and go home. Some of us were sitting on the edge of the receiving dock waiting for clearance to enter the building so they could get their things and leave. If there had been a real fire we could have burned up because the dock is the building. After about 15 min all was cleared and we were allowed to go back in. I got 15 more min. on the clock than I would have otherwise. I got home about 9:45p.m.I can relate to being a dabbler in the crafts. I often "get the urge" to try something new like knit a sweater or something. I often start something, but don't finish it, at least while it is still "in style" sigh It has taken me 2 hours to write this blog. I really will try harder to update this more often Hip Hip Hooray to Lil bro and the new baby coming.







4 comments:

Big Sis said...

I can't believe how this post turned out. I certainly didn't have it typed the way it came out in this blog. I have no idea how the letters got so big. They didn't show up that way on my draft. See I told you that my computer does funny things. Hope you can read it.

SageHen said...

Actually, I kind of like the look of the big letters.

Nothing like a fire alarm to get the heart pumping.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on everything. See we realy do look on your blog everyday.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. I think the large letters expressed your frustration very well, maybe your computer has an emotional component. It's good to know that the frustrations of life are universal, they are soooo not fun, but it seems we all deal with them.