Sunday, November 09, 2008

$23.09

That is the amount of money I found in DH wallet last week. It is nice to know that he did not die pennyless. I am still hoping to come to the Valley for Thanksgiving, but it could change. I haven't found a place to board dog and cat for the holiday. My house is supposed to get the fence Mon. I still haven't found a painter. If I painted the bedroom my favorite color, it would be red, and a red bedroom in a South facing room, or any other room for that matter would be a bit over whelming. I am thinking of a nice blue green for the living room. I have found a color called lavenderbeige the is kind of pretty. It might work for the bedroom. Life for me is so overwhelming right now that it is a struggle on most days just to get out of bed and get to work. This is not the best time of year in the best of circumstances, and this year is exceptionally unbest! Being widdowed right in the middle of moving is definitly not a good time. I feel over stressed trying to move because I do not have the strenght to dig out all of the 20 years of accumalated stuff. Even worse DH lived in this house with his mother since the 1960s and they were both huge packrats. Except for the first 5 years of our marriage he lived here, in the old house I am in. After 8-9 hours on my feet at work all day, it is all I can do to feed the critters and myself. I fall asleep in the chair I sit in to watch TV and eat supper in. I then wake up around 2 or 3 in the morning. Then, after going to the bathroom, letting the dog out, and then back in again, it is almost time to get ready for work, but I take a drink and then try to get some more sleep. often I then have nightmares, and when the alarm goes off, I can't get up. akkk!

5 comments:

Pi-day Dave said...

I have to at least have one dollar bill in my wallet just so I don't feel totally broke. I've spent this year cleaning out the closets and making many trips to the D.I. I know what you are feeling. A lot of the stuff was Alleen's and I don't know what to do with it. Keep it for the boys or donate it. We plan on leaving Wed. around 2 and be at your house at 3. to head to S.V. Let me know for sure by that Sunday or Monday if this is going to work.

Alf's boy said...

Life just insists on keep comming at you doesn't it. Perhaps a light shade of red (not pink). Dad always wanted a red bedroom. It was his favorite color. As Dory said in "Finding Nemo", "Just keep swimming..."

Anonymous said...

I hear you sister!! Let's scream together! AHHHHH!!!!! I know the feeling about getting out of bed, it stinks. This is where I really have to ask the Lord to bless me with strength as I don't have any more! It didn't help either to have all 3 rental properties trashed at the same time. My hope is that the tenants will face their music some day. I am glad they are out of my hair. DH died with $250 in his overalls pocket. The only time DH ever had change to carry around.

Anonymous said...

I don't have $23.09 to my name. A does though! All weekend she's been coming in to me and asking how much I will pay her to do household chores. My answer? "Nothing! but do it anyway!" Her dads answer, "$5.00" So we have had several jobs badly done and she is happy. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I've seen rooms where only one wall is painted a bright color. Maybe you could try something like that. Some reds would be worse than others. A bright fire engine red might be too much, but a darker red like wine red or a rust might be really nice. The word verification for this comment is pessi. It makes me want to go get a soda!