Monday, November 26, 2007

JUST STUFF II

Hi everybody! I tried to post something last night but there must have been some Gremlins having a party on the internet because my computer was doing strange things and I couldn't get on blogger to write anything. I have been sick the last 2-3 weeks with a nasty and persistent cold. The week before Thanksgiving I was out Tues,W,and Th with a fever and cough and stuffy nose. I finally went to the Dr. Thurs. but all he did was ask me if I had gotten the flu shot. YES. He gave me a Rx of Psudoephedrine and an expectorant and sent me home. I hate P because it makes me feel worst than the cold. I went to work on Fri of that week but I probably should have stayed home. The problem was I had used all my sick days. I felt awful because of the drugs, but my fever was gone so I went. That is a nightmare week for takeout because of Thanksgiving parties and such, so I missed most of the "fun" (hooray!). Last week I worked Mon and by the time I got to work on Tues. ( I was on time) all of the take out for Tues and Wed was done. I worked a total of 2 hours and then went home until this morning. Th and Fri were paid holidays, but I only had 4 hours of vacation time left, so Wed was an unpaid holiday. I got a lot of rest over the weekend and feel quite a bit better now. I still can't breathe much and every once in awhile in am seized with a horrible coughing fit, but I can finally taste some of my food and am getting some sense of smell back. I hope this isn't an omen of how the winter will be! I did manage to sweep the floors and even cook a meal or two fancier than a can of soup or a TV Dinner. I planned to put up the Christmas tree, but it is still waiting on the back porch to be set up. All I have to do is take off its shroud and plug it in. Instant Christmas tree, all I add is ornaments, which never did get on it last year. Sigh. I am caught between getting me a digital camera or a pair of glasses (to see out of not drink out of) The camera would probably be cheaper. I have been looking at eyeglass frames and some of them run at $500 WITHOUT the lenses. I will probably get glasses but the cheapest ones I can find that still are presentable. Speaking of Christmas presents, does anyone know what the Lang boys need or want, this includes David of course. Send some suggestions my way. I have some ideas of what to send Dave but the boys are another story. Help me please!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to my list I have the Langs this year and you have the Stotts. Remember we had to redo the list because it got messed up. Look at your Ray calendar. It's at the top of the date page for December. I hope we don't have another Christmas where someone gets left out.
I can relate to the sickness. Last year I was sick so often I lost about a thousand dollars in unpaid sick days. Hang in there.

Big Sis said...

I did look at the calendar and I have the Langs according to the way I read it. We had better find out quick who is right.

Alf's boy said...

The top of the list is the givers the left side are the getters.

Drapers give to Stotts
Bowlings give to Langs
Stotts Give to Sorensons
Langs give to Drapers
Sorensons give to Bowlings

Big Sis said...

I looked at it again and I remember now that I wasn't sure I had read it right.I knew that I either received or gave to either the Stotts or the Langs. So I will give to Stotts .

Alf's boy said...

The friends mom who died is Lavanna Graham. Kitty just asked me to speak at the funeral which will probably be Tuesday.

Pi-day Dave said...

Hi there, This is David. what would you like from Santa this year. I've been thinking aout a slow cooker. Do you have one? Let me know.