Saturday, October 13, 2007

I WOULD HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IF..........

I didn't have to eat, get medications, drive a car, stay warm in the house, see, walk without pain, clothe ourselves, and keep all the taxes paid!!!! I just got back from the grocery store and it cost me $168.00 and this is for 2 people. I knew I was in trouble when I had 3 items in my cart and already had $30.00 worth of groceries in my cart. I had one bottle of generic Tylenol (500 count), one bottle of contact lens solution and one package of dental floss. By the time I had added bread, butter, milk, juice, pop, one pkg of meat. several pkg of frozen veggies, ten TV dinners ($1.00 each) ,laundry stuff, dish washing stuff,windshield washer fluid, a little bit of candy and cakes, 4 potatoes, some canned veggies, some cheese and a few misc things there I was, well at the above mentioned amount. I have car registration taxes in Nov (I hope no repairs to go with that), property taxes, I still owe around $900 for my tooth bridge repair, I am getting a new pair of contact lenses and glasses, Molly (the dog) needs her teeth cleaned and a medical test to see if she has a certain medical condition, I haven't paid for Rays oxygen service yet this year, and the list goes on. It is a constant struggle (nightmare). We never go out, hardly buy new duds or shoes. Maybe, once in a Blue Moon we go to McDonald's or Mimi's, to eat . Thats the extent of our entertainment. As you can tell I am just a wee bit frustrated. I have been really tired this week, I am going into hibernation mode, So everything is twice as hard to cope with, especially getting up in the morning. Well I sure hope we see that baby soon. hope all goes well with everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. It never does seem to end does it? I know just what you mean. Now we are foolishly adding a roof loan to the mis. Maybe we chould just get some of those blue tarps like they still have in New Orleans.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Thankfully, I only have to worry about the food bill for 2 people. I don't know how these young families survive. If only my problems were as simple as yours as painful as it is, my life would be much easier. I never thought I would see the day that hamburger would be more expensive than chicken! Not that I don't like or use hamburger anymore.

Alf's boy said...

Well, try buying milk for 7 people at $3.50/gallon and two of them being teenagers! Life would be so much simpiler if we didn't need food. Although what we call a food bill actually includes TP, cleaning stuff, and other non-food items. Tracey's Doc told her that if the kid dosen't show up by Wednesday he would induce her so things are getting closer.

Pi-day Dave said...

Food and taxes are quite a pain in the keester. I can sympathize with all of what your're saying.