Saturday, October 20, 2007

WHAT THE.......

The other day DH really sent me for a loop and scratching my head. It was late evening and I was really thirsty. He had the kitchen blocked off so he could put away the dishes in the dishwasher and put in new ones. He used a small portable shelf thingy on wheels to move it across the entryway to keep the dog out. Don't ask I don't know why either. I handed him the dog dish, asked him where my drinking glass was(in the dishwasher) and asked him to get me some ice water. About a half hour later he came into the living room bearing the used dog dish in his hands filled with ice water. I couldn't believe my eyes! I asked why he was bringing me a drink of ice water in the dog dish for crying out loud. He says "You handed me the dog dish and asked for some ice water". By then I was so thirsty my tongue was dragging but there was no way I was going to drink ice water out of a used dog dish. I explained that I was the one who wanted the drink. I finally went through the barrier and got my own. That man really thinks in odd ways, to say the least, or I am too obtuse to realize he was implying that I was a female dog.

4 comments:

Alf's boy said...

He's a guy! You hand a guy a dish and ask for ice water he will put ice water in the dish. Don't read anything into it he didn't hear the part about getting your glass. He's a guy!

Pi-day Dave said...

Like Lil' Bro. said it's a guy thing, he probably didn't hear about the glass.

Anonymous said...

I thought my DH was the only one who did that! Thanking you for clearing that up for me!

Anonymous said...

Yep! He's a guy.
It's OK.
We do things they don't understand either. Like we decided to remove the wood burning stove and not worry about the chimney, just cover it up with the new roof, then a few days later I asked the contractor what he was planning to do about the chimney. He looked at me like I was loony and then turned to Gordon for some sort of explanation for my incredible obtuseness. Gordon, thankfully, has learned not to appear surprised at the dumb things I say, he just said "You remember we are going to take out the stove and the furnace is electic." I then had to pretend to pretend to be a ditz, so the contractor now thinks I'm a bit gaga.