Saturday, October 27, 2007

JUST STUFF

I had a pretty uneventful week this week. I did go and get a flu shot on Thurs, alone with my fellow salad area workers BYU offers them free to all facility and staff so we all went over to the health center and got one. The next day I called in sick because I felt hot and nauseous. Unfortunately K had already called in sick and A was leaving for vacation that day. So I became unsick. I told the manager that we had all gotten flu shots the day before. When I came into work, A said that K was sick, and that she was really tempted to call in sick, but didn't because she thought that she might get in trouble for calling in sick the day before a vacation (She almost always does call in sick the day before a vacation or when a family member is doing something special, She is Polynesian so any body is related.) Anyway we had a good laugh when I told her I called in sick also, but when I found out that K was sick, I came in (I really was sick and spent my time on several bathroom visits) although I never threw up or other unpleasant things, I just felt like I was going to! Today I woke up at 7:30 A.M. and wasn't the least bit sleepy. Wouldn't you know it. I can sleep in but what do I do I wake up before dawn, in a bright eyed bushy tailed state. I had an appointment with the eye Dr. at 10:15 A.M. and when I got there, and in his office he asked me what he was seeing me for today. I just laughed and told me the he was doing a certain eye test and asked him if he forgot what it was for. He admitted that he had, and that was why he had asked me the question. Thank heavens other people are as absent minded as I am. Tonight the weather man on TV reminded us twice that we were going off of Daylight savings time tonight. The only thing wrong with that is we are not going off of it until next Sat. It will be interesting to see of he retracts that instruction on tonights 10:00 news. I went into the grocery store at noon and left at 2:30. How that happened is a mystery. Maby we did go off of daylight savings time after all, but it was at noon and not at midnight.

3 comments:

Alf's boy said...

We can thank Ben Franklin and congress for the fowled up time.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the time change in the fall, it's the spring that's the killer. I have spent two and a half hours in a store before, but not a grocery store. I get out of them as fast as I can. Tha sight of all that food makes me gain weight.

Anonymous said...

I wished we lived in Indiania, Arizona or Hawaii. At least they are smart enough to leave time the way it is. I agree, it is the spring change that throws me into a loop!